- The Combat Application Tourniquet® (C-A-T®) (Patent Pending) is a small and lightweight one-handed tourniquet that completely occludes arterial blood flow in an extremity. The C-A-T® uses a Self-Adhering Band and a Friction Adaptor Buckle to fit a wide range of extremities combined with a one-handed windlass system. The windlass uses a free moving internal band to provide true circumferential pressure to an extremity. The windlass is then locked in place; this requires only one hand, with the Windlass Clip™. The C-A-T® also has a Hook-and-Loop Windlass Strap™ for further securing of the windlass during patient transport.
* Military Combat Application Tourniquet®
- Modern military soldiers rely on the C-A-T® tourniquet to stop arm or leg blood flow due to injury on the battlefield.
- Since 2004, the C-A-T® tourniquet has been issued to over one million military personnel. Its effectiveness as a life-saving instrument for our military soldiers on the battlefield has played a significant role in improvement of modern warfare combat injury medical care. Soldiers now take comfort in the fact that they will go to battle with a proven design combat medical care tool in their possession. They may even elect to carry 2 or more C-A-T® tourniquets with them in the event of a warfare disaster.
- The C-A-T® has revolutionized battlefield care for the military user, given its ISR (Institute of Surgical Research) confirmed effective function and its lightweight (59 grams) design, less than ½ the weight of like products. Soldiers have come to rely on its compact design and ease of storage (folded 6 inch length) as they prepare to enter combat.
* Emergency Medical Tourniquet
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) teams now have access to the military tested and approved C-A-T® tourniquets for their trauma scene needs.
- A tourniquet makes a significant difference in a life or death situation. The C-A-T® tourniquet design offers the same benefits to EMS users as it has over the past 3 years for America’s military soldiers. Easy to store (folded 6” length), lightweight (59 grams) and effectively adhered during patient transport, it is a necessary medical tool for use by the trained emergency response team. Saving lives is the primary function of the C-A-T®, and it has a proven track record.
* Fire / Rescue Tourniquet
- Fire fighters squads now use the C-A-T ® tourniquet to administer life saving first aide for serious accident injuries.
- Fire fighters are often among the first to arrive at the fire or rescue scene. They find victims with life threatening injuries, and reach for the C-A-T® tourniquet to stop the bleeding. Within seconds the blood flow is occluded, and the patient is stabilized as they wait for additional medical help. It all happens within seconds. The C-A-T’s® ease of single-handed use, and lightweight (59 grams) construction make it easy to implement.
* These tourniquets are brand new in their factory packaging. Item shown in photos was removed from package to make it easier to see.®
ADD Individual First Aid Kit, MOLLE
The IFAK, Individual First Aid Kit, as issued by the USAF in Irak. The kit consists of a folding insert pouch wich is attached by a cord to the carrier pouch. The folding pouch has elestic straps and vented compartments to keep the contents in place, even in case of leaving in a hurry.